Current Employment Opportunities (2)
The Municipal Council for the Corporation of the Township of Armstrong is seeking a qualified and organized individual for the current position of Administrator/Clerk-Treasurer to ensure the effective management and leadership of the affairs of the Municipality.
The Township of Armstrong has a current and stable population of approximately 1200 residents and is located in the District of Timiskaming. The Township is principally an agricultural community.
Several of the functions, responsibilities and aptitudes required of the successful candidate are generally acknowledged and are as follows:
- To act as the senior policy advisor for the Municipal Council;
- To ensure the integrity, the efficient and effective overall financial administration; and
- To direct the activities of all Department Heads.
Candidates must be fluently bilingual and have excellent communication skills including problem-solving aptitudes.
Applicants should be in possession of a recognized municipal designation or have appropriate knowledge in the field of municipal administration. Individuals should hold a post-secondary education in public administration or a similar related field of study. The individual should also have an accredited accounting designation or, in the alternative, must have an extensive background in accounting and financial management in order to fulfill the statutory office of Treasurer.
The current salary depends on qualifications, experience, skills and appropriate knowledge and will be subject to negotiation with the Municipal Council. The Township also offers a complete and very competitive benefit package structure for its employees. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in submitting an application, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Township of Armstrong Robert Éthier, Mayor 35 10th Street East P.O. Box 546 Earlton, ON P0J 1E0
Permanent Part time Head Librarian
Main Function: Responsible for the operation of the public library under the terms, policies and budgetary guidelines approved by the board.
- Bookkeeping for the library
- Preparation of monthly reports for the board and yearly reports for the Ministry of Culture
- Purchase of books and other library material
- Catalogue materials and books
- Assists clients with various requests
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form with the public in both French and English
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and accounting software
Based on required qualifications and experience
24 hours per week.
Applications with covering letters, will be accepted by the undersigned until 4:00 pm, October 2, 2017.
Township of Armstrong
P.O. Box 546, 35 10th Street
Earlton, ON P0J 1E0
Fax: (705) 563-2093
We thank all those who apply however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.