The Council of the Corporation of the Township of Armstrong will consider the 2022 Budget and set tax rates and other rates at the June 8, 2022 meeting to be held at 7:00 p.m.
The budget is valued just at $3.864 million and is proposing a 1.4% increase. There is no change in assessment for 2022 and with some moderate assessment growth, the tax impact to the residential tax class is low with the median household experiencing a $20.29 increase.
Water and sewer rates will have zero change with a slight inflation to services of 9-1-1 & Garbage/Recycling Collection.
A number of capital projects will be completed or started under this Budget and supported by various funding opportunities or reserve contributions.
The capital projects proposed for 2022 include:
- Park improvements including new paved paths, new pavilion and ball park refurbishment
- IT equipment and software for all departments
- Dairy Lane Road Rehabilitation of 4 km
- Purchase of new patrol vehicle and snow plow truck for Public Works
- Replacement of the Back-up Generator for the Sewage Treatment Plant
- Updated communications system (phase 1) for the Water & Sewer Facilities
- Final Design of Pool Facility with construction to commence in 2023
- Office complex and library renovations including a new HVAC system to start near year end.
Please note Council meetings are held at the Municipal Office on the following upcoming dates:
June 8, 2022
July 13, 2022
August 10, 2022
To attend the meeting virtually please contact the undersigned two days in advance.
Amy Vickery-Menard, CAO/Clerk-Treasurer